Senior Product Design Engineer
Preciseley Microtechnology Corporation is a leading provider of optical MEMS solutions globally. Founded in 2006, PMC is a fabless designer and supplier of a range of MEMS micro-mirror products, including mirror devices used for laser beam steering, switching, and manipulation, with diverse application across optical systems, telecommunications, sensors and other fields. Such products are expected to play a critical role in the 5G upgrade of telecommunication networks globally, LiDAR for autonomous driving, 3D sensing, AR&VR etc. PMC holds numerous patents in the United States, the European Union, and Japan.
We are searching for a Senior Product Design Engineer to work in our R&D organization. The function will report directly into VP Engineering. The individual we are looking for should have a deep knowledge and experience in circuit design, ability to work in a high-pressure environment and at least 3 years of demonstrated capability in design, validation, prototype and volume production ramp capability.
The candidate will involve in the design, validation, prototyping and manufacturing of MEMS high voltage, high speed driver board with feedback control. Strong knowledge in analog circuit design and troubleshooting is a must. Ability to seamlessly work with firmware developers and software developers to create system solutions is necessary. Deep knowledge of New Product Introduction methodology is needed. Ability to design the right rack-and-stack equipment to test device parameters is a must. The candidate must be able to provide on-going customer support.
Key Job Functions
- Develop and manufacture MEMS driver and controller for scanning mirror application
- Develop MEMS mirror position sensing application
- Understand full development cycle: analysis, design, development, implementation, validation, documentation.
- Understand and define customer specifications, translate them to product specifications
- Work with the customer engineering team to ensure fit to their applications
- Understand and keep track of Time to Market and Cost of Production for the products being designed
- Interact with Manufacturing team and define a proper product handover and ramp plan
- Collaborate with the QA team to create product specs and manufacturing criteria
- Incorporate DFx into the product
- 3+ year in analog circuit design and PCB layout and manufacturing experience
- Knowledge in optoelectronics signal processing and/or Integrated-Photonics system design and test
- Hands-on circuit and PCB troubleshooting skills
- Familiarity with working principle of MEMS device for driving, and sensing application will be a plus Ability to work with the customer
- Engineering team to develop concepts into products that fit the application need
- Excellent time management, organization and priority-defining skills
- Degree in Electrical/Electronics in Engineering